Aggravation over Skyrim PS3 DLC release eats at gamers. Dawnguard for PS3, is still a hopeful dream as well as Hearthfire, these are both available for Xbox 360. Recent tweets given by one of the people from Bethesda may shine light to what seemed like a lost cause.
There has been earlierrants on Twitter to Bethesda as they continue damage control over the lack of DLC availability for the Playstation 3. As reported by Product Reviews website, Pete Hines, the Vice President of PR and Marketing at Bethesda sent out a recent tweet response to a Twitter member, which claims that a PS3 version of the DLC is still being worked on. Pete Hines tweeted:
“@NazDaBaz_MTW not cancelled, still working on it. The process of “trying things” just isn’t a quick one.”
With reading this statement, the only thing we can hope for is that PS3 owners get to experience the full effects of Skyrim soon.
So this article is in response to many requests I see on forums, chatroom, blogs and much more. This article will help guide you through Skyrims latest addition known as Hearthfire. Lets face it the DLC instructions are not informative at all, you start the game and wait. Wow thats Earth-shattering Information. *SARCASM*
First things first you are going to need to buy one of the three plots of land that are available, once you purchase the land you will be issued a title deed. Here are the locations
- Helijarchen Hall— which you can purchase in Dawnstar from the Jarl’s Steward. The land is located West of Blizzard Rest and south of Fort Dunstand, and will cost you 5,000 gold. Then you will have to use the drafting table to create your blueprints for the small house, don’t worry It gets much bigger! Once you have acquired the materials and went through all of your crafting options at the carpenters workbench you will see the next set of available options.
- Lakeview Manor— which you can purchase from the Jarls steward in Falkreath. The land is located North of Pinewatch. Like Helijarchen Hall this location will also cost 5,000 gold. It is unique to the other 2 building sites because it has the apiary(beehouse)
- Windstad Manor— which you can purchase from the Jarls steward in Morthal, and this building site is located South of High Gate Ruins. Now this site is unique from the other 2 building site because it features the fish Hatchery, and this site will also cost you 5,000 gold.
So after reading all of this information your probably asking “dK Which spit of land should I purchase?” Have no fear readers you can Buy all 3 building sites, thats right you can have all the benefits of each piece of land. So Now you have the locations of where to buy and where to find, onto the next stage…BUILDING.
- Set the foundation using the drafting table, and selecting the small house blueprints.
- Move to the Carpenter’s Workbench make sure you have the required Quarried Stone and Sawn Logs, aside from your starting materials stone and clay can be mined from nearby sources around your plot of land, but logs can only be purchased from a Saw Mill.
- Once you have completed the Small House more options will appear such as adding the Main Hall which consists of a cellar, dining hall, a back room, and 2 bedrooms upstairs.
- Now we move onto Wing construction, and no not wings you can fly with, not yet anyways.
- West Wing — Now the west wing contains either Enchanters Tower, More bedrooms, or the Greenhouse.
North Wing– The available options are Trophy Room, Storage Room, or Alchemy Laboratory
East Wing — Here your choices are Library, Armory, or a Kitchen
- Now after the main hall has been constructed you can choose to remodel your small house into the Entry Hall
Now I’m sure your probably wondering do I have to do all of this myself? The answer is simple, Yes! But if you act now and read further we will throw in your very own Steward!! Thats right readers they allow you to appoint a Steward to buy raw materials, and equip it with furnishings.
Followers can be appointed your House Steward. Housecarls can be appointed Steward and doesnt take away a valuable follower(I chose this option) now your probably asking yourself What else can the Shiny new Steward do? Well, your shiny new Steward can be used to purchase Bards, Carriage drivers, Cows, Chickens, and Horses. And help fend off any assaults or Raids on your home.
So im sure by now you are completely pumped up about the adoption sytem, and let me tell you.. I didnt find it that awesome, but others just may. Once your house is finished, the option to move in with your spouse or adopt a child is available. With the children after you adopt them you can give gifts, play games, or instruct them to do chores. There is also an option for the kids to keep pets.
The Children that can be adopted are:
- Lucia – Child found in begging near the Gildergreen in Whiterun.
- Blaise – Child found working as a stable boy at Katla’s Farm.
- Sofie – Child found selling flowers in Windhelm.
- Aleson – Child found working for the miners in Dawnstar.
- Samuel – Child from Honorhall Orphanage in Riften.
REMEMBER Occasionally the home will be infested by skeevers, Giants have been known to attack, and unsavory characters have been known to lurk around that must be dispatched.
For more information on this stay tuned to dK Games for more as it unfolds!
Until then check out these related articles:
With the announcement of Battlefield 3: Armored Kill launch trailer just a short time ago, we dont have very much information on this DLC just yet. We do have this Announcement trailer to share and this awesome HD Screenshot of Carnage! Now the question is Will Armored Kill be worth the 20 dollars to splurge on this additional content?
<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/qDJdE88OX-0?list=UUvNBXWGykQrWb7kPAn5eLUQ&hl=en_US” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
For more information stay tuned into dK Games as it unfolds!
From the bethesda Forums:
Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard’s status for PS3.
It’s been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we’re at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you’re talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we’re working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.
We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.
i feel for all you PS3 users, But at least they havnt gone dark about the DLC issue like other companies have done in the past. They are releasing updates every chance they get, and most fans will hang in there and continue to play their PC’s. However I would think that they would release both DLC packs together for the inconvenience.
Stay tuned for more as it unfolds,
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed oremail alerts.
Via: Bethesda Forums
Skyrim Hearthfire Release Info
. After the release of the game, four brand new add-on campaigns for Borderlands 2 are coming your way, featuring new areas to explore, new adventures to undertake, new enemies to overcome and more. Priced individually at 800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 and $9.99 on PC and PlayStation 3, these four campaign add-ons are scheduled to hit by June 2013 with more details to come in the future.
Soon we’ll be offering a “Season Pass” bundle that includes all four campaign add-on packs for 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360 and $29.99 on PC and PlayStation Network — a savings of 25% over buying each campaign add-on individually. The Borderlands 2 Season Pass will be available through Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live and will also be available at GameStop.